Responding to the need for: a) reference recordings of the highest quality, and b) a universal resource for new music of the world, Brain Company Ltd. initiated several recording collections that serve a variety of interests and abilities.
1. Band Classics Library presents middle-difficulty festival literature of the twentieth century, some not recorded since vinyl records were the standard.Yoshihiro Kimura and the outstanding Hiroshima Wind Orchestra, in masterful sessions, have revived "hard to find" classics that have been the mainstay of American school band festivals.
2. The Kyo-En recordings represent a unified effort by the leaders of Japan's composition community to share the best of Japan's new wind band literature on an annual basis. Leading scholastic and military ensembles gather to give several days of impressive concerts recorded on double CDs.
3. New Wind Repertoire collects new works from around the world that are pleasing for regular concerts and appropriate for festival use. The Osaka Municipal Symphonic Band, one of Japan's top professional ensembles, is very active in the production of reference-quality recordings of new world literature.
4. Medium Grade Selections for Concert Band is a new reference series of valuable works for ensembles performing mid-level literature. Composer/Educator Yo Goto advises for this collection recorded by Japan's leading professional ensembles.
5. Japan Wind Ensemble Conductors Conference (JWECC) Series features the first wind ensemble composition by Japan's successful composer as well as worldly renowned composers.